当前位置: 首页 > 资讯 > >正文

新概念英语第四册课本原文:青年 快资讯

来源:网络    时间:2023-05-25 09:29:24

新概念英语第四册课本原文:青年已发布,欢迎大家查看。新概念英语第四册内容主要针对的是基础比较薄弱的同学,为了方便同学们可以更好地巩固英语基础,小编还整理了新概念英语第四册课文、新概念英语第四册音频相关内容,便于同学们一起学习!

课文5 青年

67. People are always talking about "the problem of youth".


(资料图)

人们总是在谈论“青年问题”。

68. If there is one -- which I take leave to doubt -- then it is older people who create it, not the young themselves.

如果这个问题存在的话 -- 请允许我对此持怀疑态度 -- 那么,这个问题是由老年人而不是青年人造成的。

69. Let us get down to fundamentals and agree that the young are after all human beings -- people just like their elders.

让我们来认真研究一些基本事实:承认青年人和他们的长辈一样也是人。

70. There is only one difference between an old man and a young one:

老年人和青年人只有一个区别:

71. the young man has a glorious future before him and the old one has a splendid future behind him:

青年人有光辉灿烂的前景,而老年人的辉煌已成为过去。

72. and maybe that is where the rub is.

问题的症结恐怕就在这里。

73. When I was a teenager, I felt that I was just young and uncertain -- that I was a new boy in a huge school,

我十几岁时,总感到自己年轻,有些事拿不准 -- 我是一所大学里的一名新生,

74. and I would have been very pleased to be regarded as something so interesting as a problem.

如果我当时真的被看成像一个问题那样有趣,我会感到很得意的。

75. For one thing, being a problem gives you a certain identity, and that is one of the things the young are busily engaged in seeking.

因为这至少使我得到了某种承认,这正是年轻人所热衷追求的。

76. I find young people exciting.

我觉得年轻人令人振奋,

77. They have an air of freedom, and they not a dreary commitment to mean ambitions or love of comfort.

他们无拘无束。既不追逐卑鄙的名利,也不贪图生活的舒适。

78. They are not anxious social climbers, and they have no devotion to material things.

他们不热衷于向上爬,也不一味追求物质享受。

79. All this seems to me to link them with life, and the origins of things.

在我看来,所有这些使他们与生命和万物之源联系在了一起。

80. It"s as if they were, in some sense, cosmic beings in violent and lovely contrast with us suburban creatures.

从某种意义上讲,他们似乎是宇宙人,同我们这些凡夫俗子形成了强烈而鲜明的对照。

81. All that is in my mind when I meet a young person.

每逢我遇到年轻人,脑子里就想到

82. He may be conceited, ill-mannered, presumptuous or fatuous,

这些年轻人也许狂妄自负,举止无理,傲慢放肆,愚昧无知,

83. but I do not turn for protection to dreary cliches about respect of elders

但我不会用应当尊重长者这一套陈词滥调来为我自己辨护,

84. as if mere age were a reason for respect.

似乎年长就是受人尊敬的理由。

85. I accept that we are equals, and I will argue with him, as an equal, if I think he is wrong.

我认为我和他们是平等的。如果我认为他们错了,我就以平等的身份和他们争个明白。

以上就是为大家整理的“新概念英语第四册课文原文:青年”,,更多新概念英语的干货内容,欢迎访问新东方新概念英语课堂,查看新概念英语第四册答案、新概念英语第四册详解和新概念英语第四册听力可供参考。祝同学们学习新概念英语4顺利!


新东方在线英语水平测试

X 关闭

推荐内容

最近更新

Copyright ©  2015-2022 华声办公网版权所有  备案号:京ICP备2021034106号-36   联系邮箱:55 16 53 8 @qq.com